Any place in Tallinn where i could work on the car myself?

For English speaking users
Vasta
degetzel
Huviline

Any place in Tallinn where i could work on the car myself?

Postitus Postitas degetzel »

Hi guys,

This is my first post on the forum and will be using English for now as my Estonian is very limited.

I'm an expat living in Tallinn and just bought my first BMW.
It's a very nice 2003 525i - one of the last ones to leave the production line. It's got a June build date on it and they only made them until July.
Pics here: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course, with any car this age, i want to save some money by doing as much repairs/maintenance as i can myself, but not being from around here means that i don't have a garage where i could work on the car.

First two issues i would need to address would be changing the DISA valve unit and replacing a faulty thermistor on the Webasto control board.

Is there a place in Tallinn where i could do this?
I'm interested in a place that has the proper tools and it's covered. A ramp would be nice as well.

Also, are any of you doing your own detailing on the cars? I was thinking about buying my own shampoos and waxes and washing the car in spring and summer, but i don't want to be the guy using the two bucket method in SmartWash when there's a 10 car line already :D
Kasutaja avatar
j.j.
Huviline
Peamine sõiduk: E36 / E90

Re: Any place in Tallinn where i could work on the car mysel

Postitus Postitas j.j. »

degetzel kirjutas:Also, are any of you doing your own detailing on the cars? I was thinking about buying my own shampoos and waxes and washing the car in spring and summer, but i don't want to be the guy using the two bucket method in SmartWash when there's a 10 car line already :D
SmartWash at 4am on a tuesday. No line. :lol:
Vasta